Call for Papers: 2023 Taiwan Economic Association Annual Conference (TEAAC)
New Taipei City, Taiwan
December 2, 2023
The 2023 Taiwan Economic Association Annual Conference (TEAAC) will be held at National Taipei University, New Taipei City, Taiwan, on December 2, 2023. TEAAC welcomes submissions from all fields of Economics. We invite domestic and foreign economists to participate and share their studies.
Scholars interested in participating in this conference, either presenting a paper or organizing a session, should submit an abstract (preferably a full paper) or a plan of the session via the online submission system. At least one of the authors should be a TEA member, and only one presentation is allowed for each presenter.
Individual Paper Submissions
Pease specify the session of presentation (Chinese/English/Young scholars' session) during submission. The presentation fee will be waived for English sessions.
Young scholars are highly encouraged to present. The presentation fee will be waived for a Ph.D. candidate or a postdoctoral researcher, and their submissions will be under a more lenient review. Students also enjoy a 50% discount for the TEA membership. The advisor of a graduate student presenter should be present whenever possible.
Please submit the abstract by September 10, 2023. The abstract should include the title, the author(s) and their affiliations, and contact information for the presenter, including address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail. Full paper in PDF format should be submitted by September 30, 2023. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by October 31, 2023.
Every self-organized session should include four papers. Both English and Chinese sessions are welcome. The organizer can recommend reviewers to the TEA. The deadline for a proposal on a self-organized session is September 10, 2023, and the organizer will be notified by September 30, 2023. Full paper in PDF format should be submitted by November 15, 2023.
Non-member foreign scholars are welcome to participate in self-organized sessions. TEA will reimburse the airfare for the invited foreign scholars and offer a stipend, with the total amount at most NT$20,000 (roughly U$675), conditional on compliance with the following regulations. The session should include at least one foreign presenter. Please submit the session proposal in English by September 10, 2023, with at most three domestic papers or abstracts and the invitees’ CVs. Other regulations of a self-organized session apply.
COVID-19 Special Session
We will continue to hold a COVID-19 special session this year. We invite domestic and foreign economists specializing in this topic to participate and share their studies. Both English and Chinese presentations are welcome. No submission fee is required for the special session.
The submission deadline for poster sessions is October 10, 2023. Please send the poster in PDF format to email@example.com. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by October 31, 2023. The poster should be in size A1. Please clearly specify in the poster the research title, the author(s) and their affiliations, and the advisor(s). The motivation for research, sources of data, methodology, main findings, and implications are commonly included in a poster. Please bring a hard copy of the poster to the conference.
- Individual abstract submission by September 10, 2023
- Individual paper submission by September 30, 2023
- Proposal of self-organized session by September 10, 2023
- Notification of acceptance by October 31, 2023
- Registration closed on November 15, 2023
- The conference organizing committee will select outstanding research papers and posters of the year.
- Once the paper is accepted for presentation, please pay the presentation fee of NT$1,000 by credit card online or wire transfer via the domestic post office by November 15, 2023. The presenter will be disqualified if payment is overdue.
- With approval from the author(s), the conference papers will be reviewed for publication in the Taiwan Economic Review, published by the Department of Economics, National Taiwan University.
- In case of a COVID-19 outbreak, the annual meeting will be held online. Further details will be announced on the TEA website.